1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow will not do anything

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tpiper, Dec 25, 2009.

1. tpiper

tpiper Member
    from kansas

used the plow for two passes this morning and all of a sudden it would not raise, right or left. i fugured it was frozen so brought it home put a heater to it and then realized that the solinoid is clicking when i try to go up right or left. this is on a 79 gmc i have power to switches and too the solinoid but cant get or figure out if i have to pump motor. you guys sure helped me at the first of the month with a problem with my plow so if anybody has any insight i would be greatly appreciated.
  2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

give me a call 5134040869 Iam avaiable
  3. tpiper

tpiper Member
    from kansas

thanks so much for the help. went out and checked voltage at all points and everything checked out good. i started looking for a bad wire and found no ground whatsoever coming out of the back of the pump. but the cable going from motor to hot side of solinoid was in bad shape i tried to tighten it and kept trying the switch and viola it started working. will plow what i have to early morning and then go get a new cable. thanks again for the help and i hope our winter storm heads your way.
  4. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

No we dont want your winter storm its Christmas.