1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow will not do anything. Help!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by eml980g, Dec 9, 2013.

1. eml980g

eml980g Junior Member

I have a 8.5' Curtis I checked it out last week needed fluid so I added fluid went through all the movements to get pump up to speed for about 10 mins greased etc. etc. then parked it. Then about 3 days later went to use my truck so was going to remove the plow and it will not move at all! I don't understand what could of happened just sitting there? I went over all the fuses when I move the control I do hear clicking almost like it's sending power but the motor is shot? idk why this would happen it worked fine when I parked it. Any help would be appreciated!

2. upplowin

upplowin Member
    from UP/MI

Just a quick check for you to try...using jumper cables, go from your battery to your plow motor and see if the motor works...if not then test for volts (have someone operate plow for you) and test for 12 volts or so at plow motor..if motor has 12 volts at posts on motor but doesn't work when you hook jumpers up to it then you have a bad motor...just a couple of quick tests for you to try.