1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow will not angle

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by pipes238, Nov 7, 2009.

1. pipes238

pipes238 Junior Member

I bought an older western plow from a freind, it has not been used for about 4 to 5 years.
    I changed out the atf, filled angle cylinders with fluid rinsed them out. It will lift up, and is going down properly, it started to angle one only. I swithed line connections at the pump,still not working at. When I bought it the lines were off angle cylinders, I replaced withh all new stuff. I just ordered a complete gasket kit for the pump, any help would be so greatly appreciated.

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Sounds like one of the valves is stuck.

I would start with the S3 as you have up and down. Is you plow staying to the left side by chance? S3 has up and left.

One way to check if it is the valve, is put your plow against somthing hard like a building or a tree or another plow truck push on the object and hold the direction that you need the plow to move on your controler. This will commonly pop the valve free. You will need to pull you valves out and clean them if infact the problem. If it happens to you now, it will happen again.
  3. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

here is where the valves are if you need to clean them.

4. pipes238

pipes238 Junior Member

Angel troubles

Thanks so much for replying. I should have said it is an older style cable operated pump.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check the cables, make sure they are not broken or improperly connected and move freely though the entire range of travel.