1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow will lift but powers down then???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Mrcrowley, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Mrcrowley

Mrcrowley Junior Member

I get the click of death with nothing , So I shut truck off let it sit for ten minutes turn the plow on then lift all the way up then it powers down again and the click of death (relay click under hood next to second battery). I am figuring it is the relay solenoid gone bad but I look at the power connector and the control connector and they look pretty worn dirty nasty . SO thinking it would be a good idea to replace all of the above the control wire plug to the plow the power connector to the plow and the relay mounted on the firewall next to the new second battery. Here is the question :

1) Where do I purchase a Control wire (connector/Harness) for both plow and truck)?

2) Where do I purchase the power plug for both the truck and the plow?

3) Where do I purchase the Pump relay (Mount next to second battery)?

**Plow is a Fisher plow,Minite mount 1,EZV **

Thanks Mrcrowley
  2. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

Try Using The Search Mode Here.....youll Get Your Answers
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

CPW (at the top of the page) or any Fisher dealer will have it all...

You might want to try cleaning and tightening all the battery connections, and cleaning the grill plugs, and also replace just the solenoid first before replacing all the harness's, as they're quite pricey to replace them all.
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I agree, i replaced my controller wire before this season, just the plug with 18" of wire lead on the end, everything needed to be spliced and connected, they were about $55 per end.....so, figure out exacly what your problem is first! :)
  5. Mrcrowley

Mrcrowley Junior Member

Cleaning plugs

What would be a good way to clean the plugs is there a spray to clean the plug I mean there dirty and greasy?

I did put a new second battery in truck that battery is for the dump body and plow. So connections to the battery were sanded clean...
  6. Mrcrowley

Mrcrowley Junior Member

Problem has been solved kinda...

Well I had one of my friend's at his garage look it over he work's on plows, He right off said it was bad connection some where. So he went from the engine battery right around to the second battery tightened them all up (Still would shut off) He checked the second battery's voltage it was at 5 volts which for a new battery is unheard of so he checked continuity from ground wire to chassis that was ok . He then followed the hot lead wire(red) down to the starter ( I guess the Chevy’s have the Red wires meet there ) He found the main wire loose and the relay wire loose(or so he thought) when he reached up around to feel it the whole post was moving around he showed me . Well I already knew what that meant the starter after he tighten it up probably wont work and low and behold NA DA so we need a new starter which is fine .So we get the starter at NAPA $169 with core exchange
    Install it and get it running. Now For the original problem the plow it wont even light up the controller and this time around there is no draw from the alternator ether. So we check the second battery and it still show 5 volts and the alternator is not charging the second battery. To make sure my theory is correct I hook up jumper cables and there is a draw from the alternator AND now the plow works.

Conclusion: Wire to second battery is broken from the starter to battery!

So this a easy fix I am going to run a wire from the union red wire block to the second battery around the fire wall problem solved..