1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow will exceed front GAWR

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by misgur, Aug 26, 2010.

1. misgur

misgur Junior Member

I'm finally getting around to buying a Fisher HT plow for my '06 F150 and getting it installed but the dealer is telling me the front GAWR is only 3750lb and it needs to be 3900lb.. They will not exceed the GAWR for liability reasons...

Am I stuck? :confused:

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

unless you can install it yourself or find some one else to install it

3. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Are you plowing commercially (recieving ANY money) or just plowing your own driveway?

4. misgur

misgur Junior Member

It will just be local stuff (2-3 driveways). How badly can I mess the truck up by over loading it though...?

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

So you have a supercab with a 5.4L?

6. ram1500

ram1500 Member
    from ma

Put a Blizzard 7600LT on the truck. Made by the same company as Fisher

7. misgur

misgur Junior Member

Supercab 4.6L, 6 1/2 ft bed. Is there anything that will increase the load capacity?

8. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

A bigger truck...

No the Axle weight is determined by All kinds of things
    Frame
    brakes
    the axle itself
    u-joints
    springs

any and all of the above listed stuff. Even if you find out the difference and replace all the things to upgrade it the powers that be (lowers, police, D.O.T.) go by the sticker on the truck.

so... get the plow you want put it on and dont drive like an idiot.

9. stackmaster

stackmaster Senior Member

Perhaps you could go with a lighter duty plow??

10. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

Call me crazy but wasnt the fisher ht series MADE for the half ton series trucks? Why advertise the ht series for half ton trucks if the dealers are going to tell u that they wont install them.....

11. stackmaster

stackmaster Senior Member

Not sure about Fishers specs but I know that some suppliers don't want to be on the hook for repairs if the truck craters.

12. bigthom

bigthom Senior Member

I've seen the ht plow on a dakota. I'm sure it will survive on a actual ht truck. If you are talking about a car dealer tell them where to stick it and take it to a fisher dealer. The fisher site can help you find one in ur area

13. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Just try a different dealer. Someone will put one on.

14. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

When the crap hits the fan, the dealer can not afford to have his customer sue him to oblivion even though he dealer warned about the weight limitations

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Fixed that for you:D

16. brycam

brycam Junior Member
    from Canada

the warranty on the vehicle will be void. you need a lighter plow or a heavier truck.

17. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

I dont see how the ht series is to heavy for the front gvwr.....have u seen the things? they arent made of much. They apear to be flimsy and wouldnt take much to bend them...check out this link....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFRzRZwhUNs

18. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

i would call that false advertising???

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It is all a matter of avaiable front axle capacity. your truck uses what it has carrying the weight of the extra cab.

20. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

And going to the Fisher dealer or anything else won't change that. Doesn't matter if you're plowing commercially or not. That truck wasn't built to handle that plow.