1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow whining

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Lyman, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Lyman

Lyman Junior Member

I had a hose break on my 7.5 minute mount 2 that goes to the angle ram and before I realized what had happened I ran her dry. Put a new hose on and filled with fluid and now the motors whines and none of the rams are working. Do I need to bleed the rams. And if yes, how do I do it.
  2. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

yeah it seems you have air trapped somewhere it happened to me once, and was annoying as hell, until something happened and all of a sudden it worked...

i think i might have pushed the plow against a tree as i held the controller angled to that direction, it forced air out of the cylinder and pushed fluid into the pump

i remember i tried everything, even putting an air compressor line to the reservoir to try and get the fluid flowing again, keep at it and eventually it will start working again
  3. HD-tech-NH

HD-tech-NH Junior Member
    from NH

4. Lyman

Lyman Junior Member

Well it got worst today. I took the cover off of the electric motor and when I went to put it back on, some how I broke the cast aluminum plate that holds the brushes. Can I buy that plate or do I need a whole new top cover complete.If there are any suppliers that feel like helping and selling stuff to a dummy, let me have your number PLEASE. Also I found I can spin the copper windings very easy, is that rite.