1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow-Western?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by wicked85, Nov 16, 2009.

1. wicked85

wicked85 Member
    from Indiana

I just bought a plow from a local guy, he said he thought the plow was a Western. It has a engine driven pump and no electrics except the lights. I have to make some new brackets to get the head bolted to the truck, then I can mount the plow. I need the pulley that bolts to the engine-I also need to know where it bolts to and where I could purchase it. Any info is appreciated and I want to say thanks in advance.

2. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

it might be a fisher, i think those are engine driven pump hydraulics, check with them

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Pictures or serial numbers would sure help...ALOT

4. wicked85

wicked85 Member
    from Indiana

I will get some pics up, but no name or serial numbers. THey guy I got it from said it was a Western, but who knows.

5. wicked85

wicked85 Member
    from Indiana

Pics

Here are a few pics that I took

plow 001.jpg

plow 002.jpg

plow 003.jpg

plow 004.jpg

plow 005.jpg

6. wicked85

wicked85 Member
    from Indiana

Another

And the last one

plow 006.jpg

7. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

That's definatly an older Western, probably early '80's vintage? Try posting or searching the Western forum here.

8. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

yep i agree it is an old western from the 70's or 80's, haven't seen one of those for a long time

9. wicked85

wicked85 Member
    from Indiana

There are no broken welds anywhere.