1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow weights

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by wawuce, Dec 3, 2003.

1. wawuce

wawuce Member

I am interested in putting a plow on my 93 Ranger. I am mainly doing my own driveway. 99.9% sure of that. I really don't want to weigh the truck down with a heavy plow. Is there any plow out on the market that will perform well? I have seen the snowbear plow and also the non commercial types from fisher and western. I also am looking at this in the sense of $$. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

2. collegeplow

collegeplow Junior Member

I am a rookie so take my advice as such.. I have little idea what I am talking about. However, I have been shopping for snowplows for several weeks. I don't know what your budget is, but if it were my money and I only had to do my own drive.. I would just get an old manual angle plow. They should be lighter and they are certainly cheaper. I saw this one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2446138500&category=6763&rd=1

3. Hoosier303

Hoosier303 Junior Member
    from Indiana

snowbear

scsa, contact me via email, I have an idea for you...thanks

4. sos

sos Member
    from NE Ohio

http://www.snoway.com/ They make decent plows that are light but have a down pressure system to help cut in better since it is a light plow. Check out the site and also do a search on the board here, that should give you enough info to make a good decision.

5. plowwannab2003

plowwannab2003 Member

i have heard that the Fisher Homesteader is a good plow for lite vehicles and and small SUV's. They use a downpressure system for better backdrag and from people i have talked to they are gppd plows. They are around $3,000. I planned on buyin one but i got a bigger truck. good luck

6. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

I agree with SOS my company has two sno-ways one is a v-plow and the other is a 8 footer. the straight blade is the lightest plow we have and with the down pressure on it, and it has impressed me alot. if you want to know more email me at ggwash21@mchsi.com

7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Ranger Plow

I have a plow on a Bronco II that should bolt right up to your Ranger. 6 foot steel blade . It's on an 84 tho. Not sure if it fits that far up in years. Has cable control pump but hey the price maybe right!
    See " 2 Meter plow on Bronco II " In this used equipment Forum