1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow weight

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dayjd, Jan 18, 2004.

1. dayjd

dayjd Junior Member
    from Maine

Does anyone know what the highest recommeded weight for a plow setup for a Dodge 1500 shortbead? I know Dodge does not recommend a Plow for their 1500 but I see many Rams with them on. I just added 550 lbs to my front end with a Blizzard 760 LT. It was the lightest plow setup I could find that still resembles a real plow and doesn't say snobear on it.

2. Filer

Filer Member
    from Canada

I don't know the weight requirements but who cares , LOL . Just install either some Timbrens or 3/4 ton coils.

Go plowing & enjoy yourself ;)

3. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think DOdge will give you a recommended plow weight. I would feel comfortable putting a 7 1/2' straight blade on your truck. Most straight blades are around the same weight. Poly's are usually 20# - 75#'2 heavier than steel. You could probably get away with a V blade but personally, I wouldn't recommend it. The Timbrens should be installed in either case.

4. acornish

acornish Senior Member

at around 750 u will start to really wear front end parts --- so anything under that should be fine

5. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Add timbrens and plenty of ballast and you'll be fine with a 7 1/2 foot blade.:nod: :waving:

6. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

I've been seeing alot of standard westerns on the 1500 I go pro i don't like the standard

7. dayjd

dayjd Junior Member
    from Maine

Thanks

I'd like to thank all that posted their thoughts to my Dodge Ram plow question. :waving: