1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow wax

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dilligafdog, Nov 18, 2006.

1. dilligafdog

dilligafdog Member

just wondering what kind of wax you guys use on your plows.:D

2. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Armour all. Or Silicone sometimes. Ive neveractually waxed it with wax....may not be a bad idea, but Ive never had a snow sticking issue.

3. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

buddy put a wax on my plow last year and didnt help at all im going to try a few different things this year...

4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I just use regular Turtle Wax on mine...same thing as the truck. Works for me!

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

PAM cooking spray works ok too. So does Pleadge furniture polish believe it or not.

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I was using Simoniz. When I got my new truck and plow, I had the truck polished by a detailer who will also be coating the front of the plow with the same stuff. I don't know what it's called, but it sure put a tough coat on the truck that makes water just slides right off. Kind of wanting to see how it does with snow.

7. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

Can we say FLUID FILM? Use it on everything and love it. I don't know if it makes my plowing any faster but it seems to cut down on corrosion and wear. Also great for protecting battery terminals and electrical terminals as it doesn not conduct electricity or static electricity.

my $0.02

8. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Rain-X would probably be the best for poly plows.

9. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Just sprayed mine this week with Fluid Film. Now just have to wait for some more snow to see how it works. Monday & Tuesday, the snow stuck terrible, so cleaned up the blade and sprayed it on Wednesday.

10. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

Fluid Film!!!!!!

11. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I've coated mine with Fluid Film, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. We need some snow!! :gunsfiring: