1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Warranty

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by SnowMatt13, Feb 22, 2006.

1. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

From what I know, I see that Snow-way offers a 5 year warranty on thier plows, and no one else comes close. Now I did plow with a Snow-way for 2 years and liked it, but I love my Westerns. My questions are:
    1. Is it worth it for the warranty to buy this plow?
    2. Even if brand X dealer is closer, what type of weight would that have on your decision?
    3. Does anyone know of any other warranty that it like this?
    4. For people who lease their trucks for 3,4,5 years why not have a plow that is under warranty the whole time?

Thanks for replying, just a curious question I have had for awhile.
    And my answer...yes I would buy a Snow-way if I ever bought a new plow again. My Western and Snow-way dealer is the same person.

2. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

My dealer told me which we are friends and he knows what i do, says i cant put a plow on a truck if i leased it. Any comment? Im not famillar with snow x i run boss and am very happy with it

3. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

A closer inspection of snoway's warranty reveals that althought they boast of a 5 year structual warranty. the wearable parts such as shoes and cutting edge have a one year warranty and pump have only a 2 year warranty. The flex force fram and mounts as long as they are properly installed are the only components I believe to carry the five year warranty. So in reality if the pump goes wheather on a western, fisher, or snoway when its older than two years, your still sol.

I actually had my pump short out on me becuase whoever put the powerpack together didn't tigten all the bolts and thus the inertia of the motor broke one of the bolts and it shorted out my pump motor. Luckily it was less than two years old by about 3 days but they honored it completely.

Hope this helps.

:salute:

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes Snoway warranty's the structural components of the plow for 5 years. Wear parts are not covered, just like brake shoes aren't covered under most automotive warranty. Hydraulics and controls are covered for 2 years. I'm aware of swing and blade frames also 12volt motor solenoids, Controllers, control receivers, motors, angle rams and lexen skins all replaced under warranty. The dealer is everything, Snoway is very supportive of the customer, and if the dealer presents a legitimate warranty request it been my experience Snoway will honor it. I think they could easily extend their hydraulics coverage to 5 years without it creating a issue, they are durable as hell. If properly installed, wired, and maintained any of the mentioned pumps should run trouble free far beyond the warranty.

:sleeping:
    "My dealer told me which we are friends and he knows what i do, says i cant put a plow on a truck if i leased it. Any comment? Im not famillar with snow x i run boss and am very happy with it"

I've put plows on leased trucks with-out repercussion. Unless your lease specifically forbids the installation of a plow it shouldn't be a problem. Request a truck with a plow prep package. Then remove the plow if you plan to turn the truck back in. Velco mount the controls, use "plug and play" parts and spray a little undercoat on where the plow was mounted. They try hard to swack you with whatever extra charges they can at the end of the lease. I normally lease in the company name, pay a high monthly payment for a low buy out, take the 100% lease write offs and then buy the truck personally for cheap, resell and pocket the profit.payup

5. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I never really looked far into the warranty language. I just happen to see it advertised as a "5 year warranty" on a promotional banner at the plow dealer. Thanks for the info.. I guessed it was too good to be true. Or at least the way I read it. As far a leasing goes...I used to work at a Chevy dealer. I found that some of the trucks we had plows installed on didn't even have the plow prep package. But, if someone came in and wanted to lease it, they were more than happy to if the price was right. Now tell me about the problems you can run into with warranty work on a truck without plow prep. But, the plow was dealer installed so......the argument could go on and on.

6. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

Thanks for the information on the lease.

mike

7. jhook

jhook Senior Member

I made it very simple for my dealer when I started this leasing thing in 2001. "Hi, my name is Jonathan, I am a snow plowing contractor and looking to lease a truck". Guy said come this way. I have got 2 more since then. Just be up front and get the right truck. It is these guys that try to get away with a lighter truck than they need or don't get the plow prep or try to sneak a plow on without telling anyone that get us in to trouble. Be up front, tell them what you are doing and have them recommend the truck (and related options) and then just pay them the money. I haven't had any trouble getting the (very little) warranty work done either - for the same reason.