1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Warranty ROC 3/5

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Grotonems5, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Grotonems5

Grotonems5 Member
    from Vermont

So I see Meyer has a 3 year full and 5 year structural warranty and they claim no one else offers anything close to this... SO the big guys like Fisher, Western, Boss, Blizzard, Sno way etc. don't offer ANY warranty? Or is it just a big marketing thing? Doesn't seem like people have THAT many problems with their big name brand plows. :mechanic:

2. Grotonems5

Grotonems5 Member
    from Vermont

did a little looking around and found that Fisher/Western (DD) offers a 2 year warranty

3. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

i see more of the big name plows than those crap meyers i see lots of westerns and fishers and boss more than anything else thats cause meyer had all those complaints about the automatic plow raise when you put the truck in reverse they also i heard i dont know how true it is but they had lawsuits cause people were getting hurt cause that function on the plow would automatically drop while you were driving down the street.

4. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i wouldn't care if they had a lifetime warranty, usually the downtime is worse than the bill to fix the plow anyway.