1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow vids...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 06HD BOSS, Aug 12, 2007.

1. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

2. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

ok, Im pretty sure that last video must have been taken at the ****** ranch! OMG if I ever saw someone trying to free a tractor like that I would stop and give them a stupid sign to hold while they try to get it out!
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

That's an understatement. Sorta makes what I thought you were doing to your equipment pretty tame in comparison. Wow, obviously not equipment operators.
  4. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

ok mark you want to talk about running a professional business, well then run it! this website is intended for professional use and informational purposes, not telling other people what dumb jerks they are. I realize we don't get along the greatest, but I use this website to obtain information, and I'm pretty sure the guys that made that video are not members here. As far as you go, I don't like to admit it, but you have drove it into my head that pusher boxes are the only way to go, so where gonna try a couple this winter. I don't sit here and tell you how dumb you are, so I would appreciate a little bit of respect from you! after all we are in the same business, so back off! Just because you have been in the business for more years then I have doesn't mean you have the right to be a complete jerk to me. I think your the most rued person on plowsite and I think you need to get an attitude change. I don't mind a little criticism now and then, but your a little bit overwhelming.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2007
  5. Mark Oomkes

Easy there hoss, that's not the way I meant it. Relax, I was agreeing with you about the use of the tractors--retards\stupid etc (which is insulting just like you accused me of), that's all.

I apologize if that's the way it came across.
  6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

So what you guys are saying, is that it's not alright to have 20ft of slack in the chain when your pulling somebody out. LOL. Also I never really ever thought of pulling someone out with the front of my tractor, better visibility I guess. I guess the lugs on the tires get better traction backing up. LOL. My dad will love this video. LOL
  7. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

sorry mark, now that I reread it I relize that thats not how you meant to come across. JD dave, I think that video was taken over seas somewhere, and you know they do everything ass backwards over there so maybe ther tires are on there tractors backwards so the lugs dig in reverse! lol, j\k serisously though how stupid can one get???? at least when he is pulling in reverse he can see the last second of his life when the rope, or chain or what ever they are using snaps, instead of not seeing it coming and just a bang in the back of the head.
  8. New Heights

New Heights Senior Member

Thats a classic it dont get any better than that, I was hoping to see the chain snap and take :cry: his stupid head off. I believe those guys are Canidians tymusic
  9. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

would pulling it from the rear make any differance if the chain broke ?, looks to me like just as much glass in the rear window as the front to go thru, plus i,m almost sure that the back of your head isnt any harder then the front
    pulling anything thats stuck with a chain or cable is risky business
    didnt realise there were so many "experts" here
  10. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

not saying where all "experts" just stating the ovbious. Lugs on a tractor tire are made for getting traction in the forward gear. I dont think it takes a expert to figure that one out.
  11. Mark Oomkes

And having four tires to provide traction as opposed to two.

And having a drawbar designed for pulling instead of a bumper or whatever they had it hooked to.
  12. bosshogg

bosshogg Member

:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: Well look at that 4x4 and Mark may agree on something. lol You guys are entertaining.Yes we are going to have 2 pushers this year!! YEEHAA
  13. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

I dont see anything wrong with pulling the tractor out like that. And that surely isnt a chain , or the driver would have his head sticking out of the window. Its a nylon rope sling meant for pulling.