1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow versus blower pricing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Kunker, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Kunker

Kunker Member

Still doing my homework and couldn't find anything on this with a search that didn't apply to little blowers.

A few of the guys in my area are using blowers on the back of their tractors (not inverted) for snow clearing. How would you price a plow against this service? Charge the same? Offer a discount for the piles of snow that will be left? Or forget plowing and go with an inverted setup (which seems out of my financial reach)?

Looking for any thoughts on this...thanks in advance!
  2. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

If it is for a residential drive, then you bid on the drive not what equipment you will use. Customer doesn't care if you shovel it or use a front end loader.

Commerical then a blower would be more productive than a plow on some things and not on others. Bill it by the hour.

Don't charge less just because a plow leaves piles.
  3. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

If you need to do this cheaply, go get a reliable,dependable regular snow blower. Approach people on your street, all of them actually, and those that need your service could sign up w/you. Very very late in the season to expect to get more than a handful. GL