1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow vehicle question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by plowwannab2003, Dec 1, 2003.

1. plowwannab2003

plowwannab2003 Member

I have a 2002 Ford F-250 5.4L extended cab with an 8 ft bed but theres one thing...its only a 4x2. would anyone recommend plowing with that type of vehicle? I would greatly appreciate some feedback
    Thnx - Steve-o:cool:
  2. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

no you need 4 wheel drive with that truck
  3. Foxfire

Foxfire Senior Member

4x2 will not get the job done, your front end will not handle a plow very long...................
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Give it up. You get in deep stuff plowing with a 2x4 truck!
    We get scary with 4x4 sometimes. 2x4 is beyond scary. you would get into too many situations to get out of. Stay on flat nonslick surfaces.
  5. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I agree with BOSS no way JOSE' :nono: :nono:
  7. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

They should put up a post that states that you can only plow with 2 wheel drive if you have some huge truck and even then you need lots of wheight in the back.
  8. wolfmanah

wolfmanah Junior Member

You could with 600 pounds of sand in the back and tire chains on the rears but that would get old quick removing the chains and reinstalling them.
    You could get away with it if it were only your own driveway but do not leave the plow on while driving around.

I had once pulled a 4x4 plow truck out of the snowbank UP hill with a E350 thats right an E350 not an F. I had about 600 pounds of sand and chains. I hooked up a pull chain and pulled it right out like it wasn't even there.
  9. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Once again....:nono: Your better off with a 4x4.
  10. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Sell it and get a 4X4 if you really want to plow!

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member