1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Vehicle Delimna

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by evenpar4, Nov 27, 2005.

1. evenpar4

evenpar4 Junior Member

Hey Guys,

I could definitely use some advice. I currently own and plow with a 2004 Chevy 2500HD Regular Cab with a Fisher 8' HD plow. I plow my parking lot at my business (small and simple) and 15 driveways. On one hand, I love the power and toughness of the truck but I find myself wanting a Jeep Wrangler for its size and turning radius. I don't use the truck all that much (4000 miles since new, basically just to plow with) and wonder if I be better off making a switch. Can I get a Jeep/Plow set up that will last and also be reliable? I figure I could get more summer time use out of the Jeep. I go easy on all my equipment but I don't want normal wear and tear to keep me in the shop fixing things all of the time. Or would you guys suggest just dealing with the size of the truck and hang onto it for long time? Also, what would your perfect Jeep setup be?

Thanks

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

If it were me I would keep the Chevy, you would lose money selling that truck. The Jeep will have now where near the power to push snow as that chevy.

Good Luck Mike

3. nekos

nekos Senior Member

im a big fan of jeep's for driveway's !
    just my opinion but i don't think there are many trucks that can compete with a jeep on driveway's. the jeep lacks on the long pushes where the windrows start to pile up. they just don't have the weight or power to keep up with the larger trucks. add in the smaller plow and the jeep starts to fall way behind in parking lot's.
    all that being said ... i would keep the truck you have. in the long run it will save you time in your parking lot.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

If you sell the truck wait till next year and ide buy it!! Thats almost exactly the truck and setup im looking for!!! Buy IMO, i wouldn't sell it, can't beat the power of that chevy with a jeep.

5. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

right tool for the job

hey i run small trucks and they can keep up with almost any stock truck. but i have done some extra things to them but i started with jeeps and they are unbeatable. but you need the right tool for the job and you get some fun out of your jeep during the off season ....