1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow value?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by winged1dur, Nov 18, 2007.

1. winged1dur

winged1dur Senior Member

This will be the last year plowing for my 1999 F250LD. I plan on trading the truck in but a dealer told me having a plow on the truck will not increase it's value and may decrease it! I would prefer to sell the plow to a buddy of mine for a fair (to both of us) price than give it to the dealer. My question(s) are: What is a fair price? Can it be mounted to his 2002 Chevy 1500 4WD? What parts will he need to adapt it and how much will they cost? It is a 7'6" 25 serial # 90C108362 and is in excellent condition. BTW I hope to buy a 2008 Rubicon and have a 22
    installed next year. Basher?, Toby?
  2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The plow could be moved over to the 02' Chevy 1500. Components required would be:

99100521 Subframe Kit
    99100197 Main Light Harness
    99100411 Light Adapter Harness

As long as you have all other wiring components for the control and power circuit these would be the components that you would need.

As far as price is concerned, I defer to Basher.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I have seem those plows sell for from $750-2500, depending on lots of things, Blade condition, whether the mount and wiring fit, etc...

If you're trying to find a fair price for you both try using the $2500 number subtract the cost of the mount, wiring, repairs/parts needed, and a service .

If you're with-out a plow for this winter you might add a seasons driveway contract to the price.