1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow up/down switch

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by topspd7, Dec 22, 2010.

1. topspd7

topspd7 Junior Member

Hey all I bought a used truck with a meyer snow plow -E47 8ft blade. The guy had just put the plow on himself when I bought it from him. It has two switches one for up/down and the other for left/right. The question is that when i hit the down lever the plow drops all the way down and wont let me drop it a little. I was wondering if the switch is upside down. My other truck has a Meyers 7.5 foot with a heavy duty toggle thumb type switch, so I can't compare the two....apppreciate any help
    Phil

2. Mahumba

Mahumba Junior Member

"The question is that when i hit the down lever the plow drops all the way down and wont let me drop it a little."

I'se be not gettin' what yer sayin'............

Roger

3. topspd7

topspd7 Junior Member

What I'm trying to say is that the down lever is spring loaded and as soon as you touch it the blade drops all the way down I think it may be wired upside down. Is the plow supposed to raise fully when you just tap the switch in an upward motion?

4. Mahumba

Mahumba Junior Member

Is it a toggle? Mine has stuck in the up position but a spray of electronic dust remove has cleaned that up.

When you push the switch in the down position it should remain there. All other positions should reset to the center positions.

Roger

5. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

It is supposed to be when you push up the switch springs back to center, when you push down it stays down for float mode.