1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow turns very slow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Unimount219, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Unimount219

Unimount219 Junior Member
    from indiana

I just bought a new truck it has the fisher minute mount on it , the plow moves very slow left and right even with the truck idle at 2,500 RPM. All connections were good, not sure if the the pump has air in it havent checkd

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

if it's an electric MM then engine RPM won't make any difference....

3. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

he might be trying to boost alternator output with the higher idle. and that still doesn't do a whole lot lol.

check the pickup screen in the bottom of the pump housing. i would change the fluid also, make sure everything is nice and fresh and clean while you're in there with the screen apart.

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

my curtis was going real slow from left to right,so slow as a matter of fact it was making my draining my battery and making my batter alarm go off, i drained the fluid, filled it back up ran it up,down left,right for about 5 minuts, then drained it again, and refilled it, it works like a champ now.