1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Turned By Itself

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by sailorman3, Jan 23, 2012.

1. sailorman3

sailorman3 Member

I was plowing this morning and when I hit a pile of snow, some harder snow towards the bottom the pile made my plow turn all the way to the right withot me touching the button. Was this some kind of saftey or may I have a problem. I might add that the hard snow was at the bottom and was about a quarter of the way across the right side of the blade. I am plowing with a 8 foot super duty. Thanks in advance.

2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

safety feature. there is an inline relief valve that will dump the pressure if its too great. if not you blow a cylinder or hose.

3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

or break something else like I just did Saturday night,my push frame on my 9-2er.Caught a manhole cover just right and one side broke in half at the welded box beam.

4. sailorman3

sailorman3 Member

Thanks for the reply. It just caught me by surprise. At least now I know what I'm dealing with.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That is called a cross over relief. All plows have them some work better then others. Many feel that is the issue with Meyers E47 block and it's propensity to swell C valves.