1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow tune up

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mikelawtown, Oct 20, 2009.

1. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

where in Mass or NH can i get my plow ready for winter? also what exactly do they do to it?

2. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

You can bring it to any Fisher dealer, Tucks Trucks in Hudson, MA, or A-Tech Auto in Shrewsbury, probably Brake and Clutch in Salem, MA.....Fluid change, check your seals, chains, cables filter change, clean connections, dielectric grease...all things you could do yourself and are all reasonably easy to do.

3. M&M

M&M Senior Member

I just brought mine to Donovan Equipment in Londonderry, NH. $60 fluid, grease, tighten everything and check everything and re-level the plow due to larger tires and slight cutting edge wear.

4. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

I can't agree with doing it yourself more... Not only do you save some money, but you also really familiarize yourself with your equiptment, in case there is a problem during a storm, you're not clueless.

5. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

any time I have a piece of equipment, or my truck, or atv etc...I always take the time to familiarize myself with it and 90% of the time do my own repairs, unless it is a major issue that I do not have the tools or resources to do properly...I take pride in being able to do things myself...couldnt stand it if I was completely dependant on someone else to do my repairs and services...JMO though..some people dont have the time or the want to learn their equipment

6. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

same here. I also get way into detail and clean surrounding areas, and whatnots ... I just think someone who is doing a job for flatrate is going to do it as fast as possible without taking the time to do anything extra, or even a complete job at that.

But as you said, if someone is too busy, then time lost doing some things would mean losing money. In that case, its better to pay to have something done, then not to do at all for sure.