1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow truck

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by kannon, Feb 13, 2010.

1. kannon

kannon Junior Member

hi, i currently have a 1500 dodge ram with a hemi engine in it .. would you recommend plowing with this truck, or should i step up to a 2500..thanks scott
  2. 04ram2500hd

04ram2500hd Junior Member
    from ny

it all depends how much/what kind of plowing you are doing if you plan on do a few driveways then go for it. the only reason i would up grade to a 2500 is if you wolud use it other than plowing because if your not towing a lot dont waste your money upgrading. your truck should be fine with a plow
  3. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Mine does fine,just dont overload it with a heavy plow.

I did a 2.5" spacer to level the truck and help with the load and carry 400 lbs in the bed to offset the weight of the plow.
    I also have 10 ply tires BFG's the stock 20's are wothless.I run a 7'6" 26 series sno-way

plow pics 003.JPG
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  4. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

my 2008 1500 Quad Cab Hemi is an awesome plow truck and i mostly do commercial lots.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=83718 since those pictures i have put new tires on and some 17" rims, a 2" leveling kit up front, and just yesterday a new to me Meyer Mini Jr. salt spreader.
  5. Cromer_22

Cromer_22 Junior Member

Sure hang a fairly light plow on the front and Plow the heck out of it and make some money..decent trucks if you treat them right