1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dbcustoms, Jan 8, 2010.

1. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

Heres a couple pcis of my plow truck and a good friends plow truck.
    i dont have any action pics of them yet but ill try and get some soon hopefully.

Mine is the 2003 Ford F-250 and my friends is the 1988 Ford F-350
    My truck has a Meyer Classic 7.5ST(refaced before this season and made 3" taller then a standard blade) with a set of Pro-Wings that i made, I also have a show me LED strobe controller that controls all my lights.

My friends has a brand new Hiniker 9.5 V with an 8' flatbed dump

This is my second season plowing, its off to a really slow start though ive only done a couple driveways so far, i also subcontract for a local landscape company but i havent been getting called out this season, so im trying to build my own customer base right now.

My dad also has a 2002 F-550 12' dump with a fisher mm2 9' straight blade(no pictures as of yet)
  2. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

really like the 88ussmileyflag
  3. tjslawnservice

tjslawnservice Junior Member

I agree the 88 is sharp.
  4. lagwagon

lagwagon Member

How does your friend like the Hiniker? I think they look great with lots of adaptability to the terrain - well built too.
  5. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

BOTH trucks look awsome!!
  6. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Nice equipment and shop. You got heat in there?
  7. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

The new hiniker looks nasty
  8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That 88 is sick. I want one!
  9. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

nice lookin' trucks...... i'd be proud to show off either of them...
  10. patlalandebutt

patlalandebutt Senior Member

does that Hinker have the C plow aswell as the v? :confused:
  11. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good.
  12. Old Red Mopar

Old Red Mopar Junior Member

Nice rides!
  13. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Looks cool prsport have fun this winter
  14. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

He hasnt gotten to run it a whole lot but the guy we sub for has a couple and he has ran them before, he really likes it so far, they are very well built. We have a hiniker dealer about 3 miles from both our houses so that is why he went with it mainly, although i dont think they stock a lot of parts for them but hopefully he shouldnt be needing any for a long time.
  15. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

Thanks, its taken a lot of work to get the shop as far as it is, it was just an uninsulated, unheated pole barn when we got it with no concrete, but the friend who has the 88 does concrete for a living so he hooked me up pretty good. we have an outdoor wood furnace that we heat our house and the shop with so we can keep it as warm as we want it in there.
  16. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

no it just has a v the hinge poitn for the trip edge is really high on the hinikers it seems, it makes them trip easier though i think so its not so hard on the truck
  17. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

The newer ford looks like mine :) trucks looks great btw :drinkup:
  18. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

if i showed you a picture of the 88 from a month ago you porbably wouldnt believe it was the same truck, it was maroon with no visor,wheel simulators or tool boxes and it had a meyer c8 classic mount on the front of it...but its suprising how much better it looks now with a couple cases of semi flat black spray paint, he has another cab and front clip for it, i was putting cab corners on it and fixing all the little dings and rust, then going to paint it and swap cabs and front clips. it was uspposed to be done for this winter but time just got away from us so we spray bombed it instead :)

oh and thanks to everyone by the way, we have been working hard to try and get the trucks looking good and working good for a while now.