1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sqvick, Jun 20, 2010.

1. sqvick

sqvick Junior Member

im looking at buying a truck to put a plow on probably a 2500hd 4x4 but im trying to decide on gas or diesel and regular cab long bed or extended cab short bed? thanks for your input its greatly appreciated!!!!:waving:
  2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Good choice on the truck. I would go diesel, you will be happy you did. Personally I would go Reg. cab long bed. But if it is your only truck and need the room, the ECSB will be fine. As far as a plow, go with a 9'2" Boss VXT. :cool:
  3. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I also would go with the diesel.

As for the body config. it depends on what you will be plowing. If you are doing big open commerical lots, what ever you want is fine. Like stated above, you will enjoy having the room in the cab for coats, bibs, tools, lunch pale, other things like that with a cab and 1/2 truck.

If you are doing driveways, Regular cab. The shorter the wheel base, the better off you will be. It sucks when you have your stuff in you cab and need to put somone else in there.
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

well if you go with the diesel you can only get the plow prep on the reg cab long bed, but i may be wrong. either way it is a good plow truck.
  5. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Depending on the year - ECSB has a plow prep option also.

You will only gain a roof mounted becon switch as you already have the big t-bars and big alternator with the diesel.