1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow truck VS. Public transit bus (bus appears to have won)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plowtoy, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

2. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth Member

Ouch, hope the guy is ok.
  3. Mister Plow

Mister Plow Senior Member

Must not have had his seat belt on. Looks like a forehead mark in the windshield.
  4. procut

procut Senior Member

That nice truck junk. :cry: lol

I'm guessing he wasn't wearing his seatbelt either, and obviously that old pos didn't have an airbag. I can't believe they were taking people out of the bus on stretchers, heck it hardly had dent, can't imagine anyone riding it could have been injured.
  5. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

In the print article it said passengers were un-loading from the bus at the school at the time of the collision. I could assume getting rear-ended by a plow truck could cause some bodies to smash into things when some of them were standing(let alone whiplash etc). And there is pretty substantial damage to the plow truck to indicate he wasn't doing 10mph or so. It's surely totalled.
    Either way hope the people are ok.
  6. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

My bet is the plow driver was on his cell, more than likely texting.
  7. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

They (news people ) don't know if there is going to be any infraction at this point? there going to give the guy a ticket? looks like he kissed the windshield, totaled his truck and probiply made love to the stearing wheel, aint' that enuff?
  8. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Is the caution tape really necessary?!!!
  9. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

probably I know if there is a municipal owned bus in an accident here they will be doing an accident reconstruction so traffic will be shut down for some time while pictures and measurements are taken. Who knows what the extent of the plow drivers injuries are either
  10. StormRanger

StormRanger Member
    from NorEast

'not sure whether he was working in the area or not, but his plow WAS raised'

hope everyones alright though.
  11. Mister Plow

Mister Plow Senior Member

This news clip says it belonged to a "DNS Snowplow and landscape" in Grand Rapids. Anybody ever heard of them?
    Moved the bus over 20 feet when it hit. He was moving.
    Gives new meaning to driving a Dodge RAM.