1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow truck used for summer road maintenace?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dichdoc, Apr 13, 2006.

1. dichdoc

dichdoc Junior Member

I have a thousand feet of gravel driveway and was brainstorming on possible ways to use 1978 bronco plow truck in off season. Building a box scraper for the back end? Anyone done something similar or have thoughts on the subject? TB

2. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Once upon a time there were companies around that made a york (type) rake to go on in place of your plow blade. I think they are still around but I don't know the name of the company.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

4. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

According to York, they do still make a York Rake to go on most common snow plow mounts.

5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

if you have a 2 inch trailer reciever you can get most road maintenance impliments- try northerntool.com

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The company that makes the "DR Trimer" makes a thing that you tow. The commercials make it look like it does have down pressure. When I was a kid my Dad did it with a Farmal Cub with a 6' belly blade. After he leveled it I loaded B-19 stone ( fist sized rocks) into his truck and filled all the pot holes.
    Our drive was 1/4 long,it was a flat level surface with no center hump. After the freeze you hardly ever tripped a plow on it.

7. Adair350

Adair350 Member

The name of the "york" rake that goes on the plow frame is Front Runner. And here is the web site www.ruralhometech.com Hope this helps!:waving:

8. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Man that thing is sweeeeet!

9. yooper.mi

yooper.mi Senior Member

Does anyone have a price range on the rake,grader for a skid steer?