1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow truck progress - 1979 f150

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fordzilla, Nov 28, 2011.

1. fordzilla

fordzilla Member

bought this truck to replace my 79 bronco a few months ago for a project and figure'd she needed a plow. so today i finally got one, its just the blade but i got an awesome deal on it, and i dont mind making mounts for it, thats the fun part. so far i junked the bed and got a new one picked out just havent brought it home yet, changed the whole front clip, tuned her up a bit, painted the chassis, and rattle canned her.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fordzilla

fordzilla Member

3. fordzilla

fordzilla Member

4. fordzilla

fordzilla Member

[​IMG]

got our first bit of snow a few days ago which motivated me to get a plow.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. fordzilla

fordzilla Member

[​IMG]

this is what i just drew up..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

we'll see what i actually come up with. all ideas welcome.

6. fordzilla

fordzilla Member

its gonna be winch operated and manual angle too.

7. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

Frame look pretty good for a truck of that age! Id drive an older truck for sure, but they just dont last up here..

8. SiLlY

SiLlY Member

They'd do ok but would require yearly tear downs, sand blast, and undercoat. We used to to do that when I plowed up in northern mass. I'm talking about 80's though. With late 70, early 80 model trucks. Much simpler to work on. As soon as the warmer weather came back.. all the trucks came in for a makeover. I know that's not too practical today. This salt is brutal.