1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow truck...... possible broken shift cable

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Bmsnow, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Bmsnow

Bmsnow Member

So i just recently upgraded my plow truck from my 94 F350 with a 460 to an 03' duramax. Pretty stoked so for but i do have one concern. Now in the old ford i broke two shift cables, what happens is the snow packs in the tranny sometimes where the shifter cable is and has caused it to snap....... Now on my duramax not only do i have my tranny cable but im worried about my tranny filter, my question is if i were to put a skid plate under it to protect them do you guys think it would heat up to much? or any suggestions to protect theses items.... any suggestion would be appreciated.

2. Ozark Hillbilly

Ozark Hillbilly Member
    from Misery

You can use a skid plate under your tranny. It won't really affect the fluid temp. You would not want to put it in an enclosed box, but a plate underneath will be fine.

3. Bmsnow

Bmsnow Member

thanks i was thinking so just wanted to check