1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Truck Leasing

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by KSB, Mar 15, 2007.

1. KSB

KSB Member

My winter business continues to grow and I need to put a second truck on for next winter. Does anyone know of a source for leasing plow trucks and or snow removal equipment for the winter only in the northeast? Also does anyone know of a truck dealer in the northeast that is really tuned into supplying plow trucks and sanders ready to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated. More snow on the way for this weekend in S. Vermont.
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Advertise for a Sub Contractor's to help you out. I would think no one leases plow trucks short term. Too much wear and tear from unknown user's.
  3. KSB

KSB Member

No subs available here. Anyone with a truck and plow is running their own routes. There must be a dealership somewhere that specializes in building ,selling and leasing plow trucks and related equipment. With today's rental and lease agreements all damages are the users problem anyway.
  4. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe Hertz Equipment Rentals? Or maybe Penskee?(sp)

5. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

Never heard of anyone doing it.. the dump trucks sure.. United.. and others.. but never a plow.. the liability I think is a huge issue

best bet find either a sub or partner with someone.
  6. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

you should be able to rent a skid steer with a snow bucket on it
  7. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

theres a company who rents about 50 trucks at a time year around here i dont know how they make money but they seem to do very well
  8. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Lease a truck for 3-4 years if you think you can use it year round, or if the cost of monthly payments will be covered in plowing income. My truck is leased for 4 years. I have an insert dump body and an 8' Fisher MM2 on it. Not a problem at all
  9. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

ive seen some of the large rental places around here have trucks with blades on them, but idk if they are rentals or to do there own lots...
  10. Silentroo

Silentroo Senior Member

Subs are ALWAYS available.

Renting a Skid with a boxplow is probably the better option. Trucks for a 1/2 season are tough. Look at guys who are not. I talk 30-40 guys a year into subing and even buying plows to put on a truck they have never plowed with before. If you let a sub make some money and treat them well you can keep them for years....