1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow truck for drives?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by packey, Oct 21, 2007.

1. packey

packey Member

I have an opprotunity to buy an older plow truck for 1200. the truck isn't pretty but it is solid My biggest concern is the plow that is on it. The plow is solid but it is angled by pulling a pin and turning the plow similar to a grader blade for a tractor. I know this will be a pain but what would you think for a starting truck. I have one parking lot of 150x200 and sevral smaller single and double car drives. Most of my work comes in the form of sidewalks. If not does any one have a good suggestion of what I might look for. My biggest problem is money I don't have a lot to spend.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It will be a pain but if you think your lots and drives out before you start plowing, you won't have to change the angle that much. If money is your big concern, then you won't mind getting in an out of your truck all night.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Use it the way ot is for the first year. Then if you like plowing look for a power angle plow.

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i wouldnt buy it you could get better for less manual angle plow is 1960 technogly