1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow trouble

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Dec 16, 2007.

1. i have a 8.5 sh2 stright blade and there will be times were i cant lift or angle the blade but can still hear the cylinoid clicking every time i try to lift it and what not. ill sit there clicking the rocker and like min later sometime will finally come up. other times just have to click it coupe time. the cylonoid is brand new.worked fine last couple storms started acting up today
  2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Sounds like bad motor, is the motor running?
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

no go

is it a joystick control ? if so is the light on the rocker switch working at the times when it stops ?it could be ready to fail .
  4. i have the rocker switch box one.dont think it is controller cause the cylonoid will always make noise when push the rocker. yeh i guess it would have to probably be the motor never really thought of that it hasnt had a new motor yet had it 5yrs now been used alot all commercial so guess that is probably what is going then.
  5. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Boss Fix

I had the same problem (similar) and went to boss this morning and it was an easy fix. Take a small screw driver, disconnect the main power (two cable) black and red. Look at the male end on each side of the cables (red on one, black on the other). Take the small screw driver and gently spread the connectors, clean it if it needs it and hook back up and you should be good to go!! Works like magic to get a good connection.

Best of luck