1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow trip's way to easy

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by sparksrides, Dec 6, 2008.

1. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

my buddy has a hiniker 7.5 with the compression type springs and it trips way to easy the adjustment nut's are bottomed out and he even replaced the springs. is their a heavier spring or some way to make them tighter? i was thinking about putting a stack of washer's under the nut so i can compress the spring more but don't know if that will be enough to make a difference.

2. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

The only time I get mine to trip is on hard packed tire tracks and then it seems to start to trip, rips up the packed snow then slams back to normal position. What are you trying to push? what's the surface, gravel or something else? Give Hiniker tech a call, they're very helpful.

3. D.Cole350V10

D.Cole350V10 Junior Member

I have a Hiniker 8'steel blade they make a inner spring for the trip. This spring goes inside the originial spring. I have had some problems with this but only on major ice under snow. thought about getting them but dont"t want to make the trip to tight. Hope this could help!

4. mross350

mross350 Junior Member

hiniker trip springs

Where can you find those inner springs for the hiniker plows i have two 8' plows and i think both of them trip way to easy.

Thanks, Marc

91 GMC K2500 8' hiniker
    94 Ford F250 8' hiniker and 1075 snowex
    98 GMC K3500 8' Meyer
    08 John Deere 2305 with 47" blower

5. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Just an idea but is it possible that the plow is not set up correctly? What I mean is are the mounts on the truck at the right hieght? I have no problems with mine... see sig.

6. mross350

mross350 Junior Member

I found those inner springs for the hinikers last night so I am going to try those, it looks like they are made for the 8.5 and 9 foot plows but i'm pretty sure they will work, the part # is 25010422 inner spring. The main reason our plows trip so much is because we live farther south and the snow turns to a rock as soon as it hits or if it gets driven on it packs down very bad.

Thanks, Marc

91 GMC K2500 8' hiniker
    94 Ford F250 8' hiniker and 1075 snowex
    98 GMC K3500 8' Meyer
    08 John Deere 2305 with 47" blower

7. D.Cole350V10

D.Cole350V10 Junior Member

Sorry it took so long for my reply, you should be able to get them from any hiniker dealer out there. My dealer says I can use them on my 8' streight blade. They go inside the springs already installed on your plow.

8. Snow-Con

Snow-Con Member

Good to know.

9. diesel dave 04

diesel dave 04 Senior Member

did they work

10. tras

tras Member

I have the same problem, mine trips quite a bit.