1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow tripped the wrong way!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gcfisher75, Jan 15, 2004.

1. gcfisher75

gcfisher75 Junior Member

I just got my plow half snowready, (coil is bad and won't let me angle) So I was plowing our driveway with limited uses of plow controls. Anyhow it was the first time I used the plow, I got it given to me by a neighbor who told me that if I kept his drive plowed then I could have it. So i was backdragging a spot and the markers layed over backwards towards the truck! I was like well that isn't suppose to happen, so I raised the plow and the markers stood up but the blade wasn't off the ground, I got out and looked at the situation, here the hinge part of the trip ripped out of one side of my meyers plow, when it did this it sheared the pin on the opposite side, leaving only the springs holding it on. lol, It had broken b4 and someone jury rigged it and did a crappy job. Luckily I have a welder and torches and such to fix the problem myself. "If it broke it needed fixed anyhow":D

2. xlr8

xlr8 Senior Member

I cant say enough about being able to fix stuff yourself. Saving money is big to me and self repair saves alot if you know what you are doing.At 2am. your plow breaks who you gonna call? nobody fix it your self or wait till morning and pay up sucker!

3. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

GC...This is a common deal with Meyers plows when they
    get older............

Do a search here at PS.,........There should be a thread with
    a fix and pics to get ya fixed up and running !...........geo