1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow trip Q..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snow Jaw, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

have any of you put some chain on the plow to keep it from trip all the way, only the chain to keep it trip just half way?

am't sure if this will work or is't it safe to do so?

2. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Not sure if that is a good idea... A plow is designed to trip to protect both the truck and the plow. If your plow trips to much one or both of two things could be happening... 1. Your trying to plow over things that any plow would trip over AND/OR 2. Your springs eithier need to be replaced or adjusted.

Heres a tip: when plowing, and your plow starts to trip, stop, raise the blade a little bit until it goes back to its normal postion, then lower it all the way again and continue plowing. :waving:

3. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

yeah, I have 4 springs really.. I guess it needs adjusted..

something got throw in to my window and cracked it.

I have Ins cover for it.. called them will have it fixed.

4. ebaron

ebaron Senior Member

Any chance the truck is too high or the plow frame needs to be adjusted? I think that may cause it to dig in and trip too often.

5. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Something I'm missing here? :confused: :dizzy:

Whats your broken window have to do with your plow tripping?

Make sure you A-Frame and Sector are level with the ground.

Adjust trip springs until you can stick a playing card between the coils when plow is at rest.

6. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

Yeah I wish you were there see the look in my face.:dizzy:

I had the plow tripping alot before, I had no problem with it till I was called to a small apt lot that I dont know what is under the snow. my brother in law was standing outside when I push the snow the plow triped alot of ice and snow got throwed at me when I was in truck dont know where all that come from :dizzy:
    the last plow guy did't cleaner the lot as it is to be. I am guessing the owner of apt is kicking him out and hire me.

I will check my plow to be sure it's right. I guess it's a little high still, the old part was alot higher till I build this new one to lower it. A-Frame and Sector that is it.

7. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Dang boy, your confusin me with that MidWest-bonics.

Your posts are hard to read and understand.

Are you drinking and typing? :drinkup:

Give your posts a quick "read-over" before you press the [SUBMIT REPLY] button.

Now, back to why your windshield has anything to do with your plow tripping too easily........ :confused:

8. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Maybe you left a tool or something laying in the top of the backside of your blade and thats what got thrown at your windshield when it returned upright. I know I set stuff there when working on my truck and plow.

9. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Been there, done that...didn't crack my windsheild though

10. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

streetsurfin'

U got me thinking... I must have leave a bolt on top of the plow. that was frozen in with some ice.. :gunsfiring:

TLS, No, I am't drunking..

11. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

My plow tripped the other day and broke both of my plow lights!:eek: :angry:

12. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I can't read any of those threads, are periods ever used ????:dizzy:

13. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

whatever you cant read or not....

let me tell you bit about ME. I have hearing loss from age 5..
    guess what.. the school from 76 to 83 did NOT let me go in school so I had LOST some years of school and learning :realmad:
    they just did not want take time and money for a kid with hearing loss that years..

so you think I am :dizzy:

14. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Let my try to remember that old saying, "open mouth and insert foot" I think that's how it went.

15. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I applaud you for overcoming your difficult situation and not getting bent out of shape over misunderstandings about it.

16. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I would not ask our resident English language expert to offer an opinion on all of us using this forum. We all might be a bit embarrassed. Are we here to correct spelling and grammar or share our thoughts as feebly as we sometimes do. Snow jaw you do a pretty good job getting your view across, don't take it to heart. That time I only had three words corrected by spell check. There is hope for me yet.

17. Gadget

Gadget Junior Member

I'm sure no offense meant SnowJaw, That's the inherent problem with these types of boards - lots of people - but no personal contact, Lots of times you type something that you would never say if you had met the person. Comments like that are for people who type bad and don't proof read before hitting submit.

Keep up the good work and pray for more snow !!!!!payup

18. xlr8

xlr8 Senior Member

SNOWJAW

Slow down man,and listen to mylawn03's advise .

19. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Eyesell..... SHAME on you :nono: Dont pick on people like that, you should have used some commonsense and just pm'd him. Now he is scared here in our communitys eyes. You say, how can I say this ??? My wife is handicapped and I know what it is like when people make fun of it. Sorry...stepping down off the soapbox now....:eek: Snow jaw...you say what you have to say anyway you like.

Have a nice day. :D

20. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Absolutely, Snow Jaw, keep posting, just because some people have HoofnMouth disease, just consider the source and don't be bashfull. I thought this was a forum to share experience and information and not to critique everything that someone says. Not everyone is perfect, at least the last time I checked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.