1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow transfer

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by RPMManagment, Dec 3, 2009.

1. RPMManagment

RPMManagment Junior Member

Hello every one. I am a new guy to this site so please bear with me if I do something wrong.
    My question is, I have a 94 F150 4X4 with a 8 foot unimount on it. The truck lost the engine and I want to transfer the plow to one of my other trucks, that truck is a 1994 full size bronco 4X4. Now can any one tell me if the mounts will fit? Seems to me I heard the frame is the same for both trucks but none of the people I contacted can tell me so im turning to all you good people for help.

Thank you all in advance.
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Go to the Western site and look up vehicle listings.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I would park the Bronco next to the f150 and get a big pc of cardboard and lay on the ground and look maybe using a tape to measure things out. Seems to me the turning radius is tighter on a Bronco but am not sure if that has to do with frames or steering components.
  4. RPMManagment

I did go to the Western site as well as other plow manufactures but no one lists the Bronco, I also looked closely (as best I could) at both and though they seem to be the same its difficult to tell with the brackets in the way. I have to make a decision soon either swap the plow or a replacement engine in the truck.
    Any one know any one in a wreaking yard? Maybe they could tell us..... I called LKQ in my area but the guy really wasn't interested in helping me.
    I also went to an installer here, he also said the plow companies don't list the Bronco.
    Oh why wasn't I born rich instead of so handsome and lovable ..... LOL
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Many of us here fight with that very issue everyday. Well...most of us. :D

You're good to go. F150 and Bronco's share the same front frame sections.
  6. RPMManagment

Thanks B&B. We are gonna do it this weekend. My wife is going shopping so she will be out of my hair for the day.
    Thanks again all.
    Have a great weekend.
  7. WeDoSnowplowing

WeDoSnowplowing Senior Member

Good Luck with it.
    How did it go? How long did it took?