1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Too Big?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MIAWPUKEK, Nov 9, 2005.

1. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

:D Everybody's going with the little 4' atv plows.....double the size, double the productivity, right?:D

big plow.jpg

Last edited: Nov 9, 2005
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

NO! the wheeler is to small!! lol
    you better get 3/4 ton springs for it:jester:

3. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member

better use alot balast :D

4. Scott R

Scott R Member

Your going to need wings on that puppy, :D :D

5. Jim Prill

Jim Prill Member
    from Zion Il

You might want to get light duty trip springs or else.........:eek: :eek:

6. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

look better

9'2 v plow would look better i would put one ton springs under it and push snow all winter long :drinkup: payup

7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

There's not too much squat under that front end... did you redo the springs?? Timbrens?? Air bags?? What's under there?

8. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

you should have put the blizzard 8611 on it instead. lol

9. alamarc

alamarc Member

ok now a show of hands---who thinks that he really mounted this plow to his quad?????

10. cocamonkey

cocamonkey Junior Member
    from Iowa

??? lol :drinkup:

11. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

You should have gone with the 9 footer...LOL :nod:

12. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

like i said the 9foot2 boss v plow would be a nice plow for it the colors would match to

13. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:waving: .........

14. alamarc

alamarc Member

Ya know what would be really funny????

Take a pic of the plow on a truck raised. Then in Photoshop cut the truck out and put the quad in. Then somehow make the hardware look like its connected. I bet ya that would make someone look twice.!!!!!!!!

15. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I plowed my driveway for 3 years with a Polaris 700 twin with a 5 foot Polaris plow. I always wanted to put 6-12 inch wings on it (never got around to it) because the 5 foot blade was just not enough, had to make a lot more runs with it. I never ever had trouble pushing it, I know I could have pushed 7 feet wide. Which sounds ridiculous, but I pushed 8-10 inch storms 150 feet without every feeling like it was working hard. Normally I would try to stay ahead of it by plowing every 4 or 5 inches, but wasnt always able to. Naturally big hard snow banks would stop me, and I wouldnt try waiting for a foot of wet snow, but it plowed ten times better than I ever dreamed it would. Just with the 5 footer it took too long.

16. karol

karol Senior Member

Put A Fisher On That Puppy. It's Heavier. Better To Plow With.

17. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

good luck with that.:waving:

18. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Its not mounted.. the plow is just sitting on the ground.. he just pulled up behind it and angled the picture to make it look like it.. How do u like that atv? i plan on buying the rincon.

19. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

needs a light bar and 4 corner strobes, could also use a back blade and tailgate sander.

20. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

i can put it to work for u :yow!: :drinkup: :waving: