1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow to heavy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jdknight75, Mar 31, 2009.

1. jdknight75

jdknight75 Senior Member

Just wanted your opionions. I have a 2500 hd with a 8.1 liter, I am looking at a western wideout but the dealer said the plow is to heavy for my truck and wouldnt put it on. Do any of you guys have a similiar set up out there. any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

its it a regular cab?

3. NootDogg

NootDogg Senior Member
    from WI

You'll be fine. There are guys running around here with 10' westerns on a 2500.

4. jdknight75

jdknight75 Senior Member

it isa extended cab

5. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

some companies wont recomend their plows for extended or crew cabs but i see people do it all the time.

6. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I'm running a 8'6" ultramount MVP on a 01 2500HD with the 8.1,shortbed xcab currently with no problems. Turned up the torsion bars a little,running 285's,no timbrens. The MVP should be comparable to the wideout in weight.:nod:

7. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

you will have extra front end sag with the blade up, but nothing will break, and it will plow just great - I don't drive around much with the blade up - will you ?

8. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

Check my signature... It's not a problem with the hardware, it's a problem with the liability and fear of lawyers. Accept the responsibility for yourself and go for it, or play it safe and stay home while other people are out making money.