1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow This! Fake snow on my office lawn

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Dumpster Guy, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Dumpster Guy

Dumpster Guy Member

I live in Vancouver Canada where it doesn't snow often but when it does it is good business. This year am trying to centralize as many plowing contracts as I can and to try and get some closer to our operation center i pulled a fake snow day. It usually doesnt snow here until December but I will try his again closer to December.... I bought white tarps and covered the whole front lawn of our office to look like snow....I also rented a snow machine to blow fake snow. I got 2 contracts for sure and hoping that I will recieve somemore calls this week. My biggest mistake was to do it on a friday (because property owners have all wekkend to forget about me) the second mistake was to not have two girls in bikini's throwing snowballs...

photo[2].jpg

photo[4].jpg

2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

what in the hell?

3. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Haha. Not a bad idea for publicity. That would definitely get noticed in a high traffic area. I hope it works for you. Beautiful area you live in by the way. I was in that area for the first time this May.

4. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

creative :)

5. Dumpster Guy

Dumpster Guy Member

6. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

That is such a good idea, but where in the world do you rent a snow machine?

7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

That will help.

8. ForestEdgeSnow

ForestEdgeSnow Senior Member

Dumpster Guy,

That is awesome I agree 100% with not sitting at home and waiting for the phone to ring. I am really impressed with the display and I bet it did not cost more than a couple of hunderd. I bet this will get even more contracts in Dec. Thank you for being creative and giving all of us ideas.

Justin

9. Dumpster Guy

Dumpster Guy Member

The film and television business is big in our area, they have rental shops for special effects. The machine is cheap but the fluid is expensive.....

10. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

very neat idea

11. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Wow, really cool marketing idea, Looks fairly realistic.

12. djacidjac

djacidjac Junior Member

fantastic, i love it! gives me ideas... how 'bout just a single truck version while I'm driving around -make people do double-takes like "where'd that truck get covered with snow from?!" -It'd work good in the Christmas parade too, ha!