1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Target Lot

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Skyhawk, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Junior Member

How much equipment would be needed to plow a Target Lot... Im looking at bidding a few.. and i was talking to another landscaper and he said they plowed it with 2 dumps and a pickup with box plows... i wouldnt think this would be the best way to go...

2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Depends on the store, the one by me here in IL is done with a loader and 2 trucks. It also includes a Jewel Foods store and a couple small stores in the strip.
    The one in Gurnee could be done with pickups if you had too. One loader and one truck could bang that one out in pretty quick.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

We used to do a Target / Best Buy store with 2 pickup trucks and a dump. It took roughly 3 1/2 - 4 hrs then it got salted. Look at it closely, the ones we have around here have at least 4 - 5 lanes around the back and sides. One has 4 dock spaces that need cleared well around the stores. They have islands at the end of the parking strips, so we had to move the snow to the far end of the lot.

4. snoking

snoking Senior Member

we used to plow target with a 1ton truck and ten foot blade 90% of the time in 2.5 hours....and stacked every couple snow falls with the loader but we have great places to store snow here. so id say loader with 12-14 foot box and a truck would handle it.

5. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

waste of time plowing lots that sizewith trucks 450or 4500 trucks are fine but under that hmmm tears up the trucks rent 2 skid steers with proteks and be done the ones around me are HUGH lots so just my thought

6. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Watch your $$$$ in the northeast Target are US maintenance contracts..........If you have a good contracted price you'll be fine but watch your back.........