1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow switch over

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by josepaulo, Dec 24, 2013.

1. josepaulo

josepaulo Junior Member

HELLO ALL and Merry Christmas
    I am new here and hope I'm asking this in the right section.
    I had my Fisher v plow on an 02 duramax Silverado.
    Just changed it over to an 04 Sierra Duramax.
    Everything went well and is working correctly...I think.. except the lights.
    On my old truck, when I plugged in the light harness, the truck lights automatically switched to the plow. Now I cannot get a a light signal to the lights, I guess it didn't help that I tried to switch to newer lights.
    Anyone know if the 02 wiring harness is the same for the 04 ?
    Should I not be able to get my tester to read light on the wires when lights are on?
    I'm puzzled because the high beams stay on when the harness is plugged in.
    Any insight would be appreciated.
    Jose

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

For a quick answer. Try fishers quick match. Input both trks and see if the wiring harnesses ate the same

3. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Have to change the light harness, 99-02 it was different then 04-present.

4. josepaulo

josepaulo Junior Member

wiring from 02 duramax to 04 duramax

Thank you for the replies. I will work on getting the light harness for the 04.
    One more quick question. my plow is functioning well. except for the left and right angle. when the blade is stright, i should be able to make a complete left and right angle but currently have to use the wing button to complete r & l angles. not locking. any ideas or is the wiring harness completely different from 02 to 04?
    many thanks again.
    jose