1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow swapping

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowbird2, Sep 17, 2009.

1. snowbird2

snowbird2 Junior Member

Hi Guys,
    I stumbled across two used plows, and was considering buying used instead of new. I need to equip two trucks for the upcoming season. I'm trying to determine if this endeavor is worth persueing. Her is my question:
    1- will a Boss V that was mounted on a 2004 F-250 button up to my 2002 F-250? If not what is involved in making it happen?
    2- will a Fisher EZV that was mounted to a 2003 F-350 fit my 2002 F-350? Again what unseen issues might be involved?

Any wisdom or past experience would be greatly appreciated. The plows are supposed to be in "great" shape they are asking $2000 for the boss and $3000 for the fisher, all hardware included. The other catch is that the plows are 2+ hours away from me. Is this worth persuing, or should I just empty my savings and get the new ones? I am a site newbee...take it easy on me!
  2. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Should work as long as its not 2005 superduty stuff,
  3. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

Ford changed the frame in the middle of 2004 so you may need to check your build date.
    Before that all the frames were the same on the superdutys.

So the swaps should be fine as long as the Boss came off an early 04

Good luck
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

We are not here to beat you that was a good question.
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Good question, and very wise decision financially speaking. You can't buy one vee for the price of both of them. Just go over them, change fluid, and you should be fine. Do some reading in the Boss and Fisher forums for ideas on what to carry for spare parts. Let us know how you make out, and post pics!
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The only thing could be light adapters depending on the lights on the various trucks. A small expense relatively speaking.
  7. snowbird2

snowbird2 Junior Member

Thanks for the advice and warm welcome, I'm still waiting on contract responses, I guess work load will dictate the appropriate decision...unfortunately the used equipment will probably be gone!
  8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome to PS and good luck with the contracts.