1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow swap

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by echovalley, Jan 14, 2006.

1. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Ok heres the situation.I have a 05 F350 gas MM2 9ft fisher my buddy has a 03 F250 gas 8.5 vplow.I'm trading my 05 in[ordering a 06 cummings]He want's the 9ft for his truck so we want to swap them over[I'll trade my truck in with the v on it]what do we have to do,other then the controller wiring what else is there?oh yeah we both have the same headlights also.
    Thanks

2. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

take the hole thing off the dealer ant going to give you any thing for it any way

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Your buddy only had to get an inlie adaptor that goes in place between the plug at the dash and the straight blade controller (will get you a part # if needed). Then take everything else off your truck and sell it out-right your self, kashmans right, dealer wont give you anything for it anyway.

4. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Thats it only a adapter for the controller?

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

As long as they are both fisher MM plows and since his truck is wired for a V, all you have to do is put the inline adaptor in and a straight blade controller and hes good to go.

6. JCStrasser

JCStrasser Member

Has the dealer told you what the plow is worth to him on trade-in? Kashman is right- most times they will give you next to squat (sometimes as low as 10% of the new price) for your plow.
    Last fall I was interested in trading in our 2002 GMC ec/sb with the 9' MM2 for a Ford F350 crew with a new Fisher. They would give me about $500 for my plow (3 years old and in great condition) but quoted me about $4500 for a new plow added on to the Ford.
    Might want to consider selling the plow on your own.

Good luck,
    John

7. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

They are giving me $2500 for it but if someone wants a 8.5 fisher Vblade they can have it for $2500.

8. PLANET

PLANET Member

$2500??? WOW great job.
    most dealers will add $1000, $1500 tops.

9. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Yeah I have purchased 6 trucks from them in the past 10 years