1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow swap

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RoseMan806, Feb 23, 2014.

1. RoseMan806

RoseMan806 Member

Our current plow boat hauling truck is a 1998 K3500 with a 454 and about 55,000 miles. It's equipped with a Fisher 8' minute mount plow. The truck frame has been rotting, rusting, and cracking at and around where the plow mounts bolt on. We have had the passenger side repaired and the drivers side needs more welding. Our welder doesn't want us plowing with it anymore but if he does the same quality work on the driverside then I think we will be fine.

We also have 2012? Chevy 3500 pickup with a 8' bed. Is it possible to install a MM1 two plug on such a new truck? I know the mounts and wiring will not swap over, but I'm curious if there are parts available to makes this swap.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Not that hard to convert plow over to a 3 plug.
  3. RoseMan806

RoseMan806 Member

Ok, thanks. Just trying to explore all options and make the best decision. Prefer to keep the plow on the current truck and just repair the frame.