1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow swap

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by timrev8, Sep 27, 2012.

1. timrev8

timrev8 Junior Member

swaping my 9.6 xtreme v from my 04 gmc 2500hd reg cab to my 08 chevy 2500ex cab.
    im pretty sure the push plates arent the same but is the headlight harness the same?

best place to shop online?

thanks guys

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

actually the mount is the same. they both call for the 7169 mount which dates back to 2002. I believe before that it was the 7161, but that changed to the 7169 when the 2003 model year trucks came out.
    So, if you have it on an 04 that means you have the version that works for 99-10 2500's.
    some of the wiring will be different since the all new 07+ is when Chevy started using the H13 lights. you should need a 29070-1 3port module (assuming you have a 4port now), and a 29400-5 harness kit (or 29400-2,3,4). -5 is the latest version but any of them will work.

3. timrev8

timrev8 Junior Member

I have a 3 port module already so I will only need the 29400-5 correct?

thanks nealy

4. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Chevy headlamp wiring adapter

You need Fisher part # 29458 HB4 to H11 adapter kit, Zequip.com has it for $12.66 plus shipping, call your local Fisher dealer for a price to compare, this part is all you need in addition to what you already have from your 04. Don't let the Fisher dealer sell you new wiring and isolation module, it's unnecessary. The difference in the trucks headlamps is the newer ones have the H11 high beam bulb where the older ones had the HB4 high beam bulb, this adapter will plug into the Fisher harness HB4 sockets and allow you to plug into the vehicle H11 bulbs. I'm not sure if one kit does one head lamp harness or both harnesses.

5. buddymanzpop

You will also need the 28027-2 relay adapter if you don't want both high and low beams to be on the plow lights when the vehicle light switch is on high beam mode(as this is how the nnbs silverado are, both high and low beams on in high beam mode) go to fisher's website and use the esearch option and type 28202 into the search box and the literature explaining this relay adapter and showing how to plug this in will come up.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  6. timrev8

timrev8 Junior Member

awesome!!!!

thanks Buddy!!!!

7. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yes. that's correct. they use the same 3port module on everything but an 08 Ford.

8. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

hmmm.. that's very interesting. We'll have to try that here next time we have one of these to do. btw, the 29458 has two male and two female connectors in it. So, I think you'd just need one per truck right buddy?
    Timrev8, did you try it yet?

9. buddymanzpop

Well, here's where I got this from, I had a friend ask me to help wire a used set up he bought for an 07 or 08 newest body style, it came with all these adapters that someone had already used in their truck so they must have updated from an 03 to07 to nnbs 07 or up and then for some reason removed it and sold it on CL we installed it and all worked well.