1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Swap!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Pushin4U, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

So were having problems with the 90 Chevy truck and decided we are going to retire it. So we took all the plow off of it and stuck it on the Avalanche. Hey, Why not, It's a half ton truck and we don't use it very much anyways.

Well I went to Meyer to Purchase a new bracket because the old was rusty and wouldn't fit anyhow due to the year difference and Meyer wanted $888.98 for a new bracket for my truck :eek:. I about crapped my pants.

So instead of refinancing my house to purchase a bracket, we thought we'd just modify or rebuild the current one off the 1990 Chebby and make it work on the new truck.

So I took some pics and thought I'd share with you guys!

2. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

Here is one more pic without the plow and her summer wheels on! :nod:

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Good work, looks like you had some filling to do in the angle cutout on the 2x2
  4. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

Ya. I should take some completed pictures. At the time they were just tacked up there so I decided to snap a few photos.