1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow swap

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by anotherlawnguy, Sep 7, 2011.

1. anotherlawnguy

anotherlawnguy Junior Member

Hello everyone....Just joined and wanted to say i love this site. Very good info here.

Had a question and not sure if this is where to post it. I have 89 f350 with a western plow and didn't know if it would mount on a 97 dodge 2500. Thanks a lot

2. bossman34

bossman34 Member

Yes and no, the plow itself will work fine,you will need a different wiring harness for your lights and a different truck side mount. Both of which can be made if you have the skills and tools. Much easier to buy them though

3. anotherlawnguy

ok great, Im just trying to find something that doesn't go behind the bumper. On my ford its behing the bumper. What brand would you recommend that is ok quality and ok on the check book. I'll be starting out so i dont need top of the line but, would like something durable if i go new. Thanks a lot

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You can not install your plow on your 97 Dodge. It is a conventional mount correct?? The lights and pump stay on the truck when the blade comes off?? Sorry Charlie but the FVMSSA shot that balloon down in 1994.

Search the site for advice on a new blade. First find out what dealers are near you and who has the parts inventory to handle service and repair. Remember the dealer with a couple bottles of fluid and a few parts will run out in quick order if a decent snow hits. All of the majors make a plow that will do the job but you need a local dealer who can provide not only a plow but support.

5. anotherlawnguy

yes, the pump and lights stay on all the time. Sorry i'm new to this. Just want to try and get it going . Ill check with local dealer. Do they make plow mounts for the 97 dodge 2500 that dont have to go behind bumper?