1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Swap Question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by BSDeality, Dec 6, 2006.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

Excuse my lack of plow knowledge here but would a Fisher MM1 off a GMC Jimmy have any vehicle specific wire harnesses? Or is it just a generic hookup? It's going on a 94 Toyota PU. I have a new mount being shipped in, but the wires and joystick would come from the GMC with the plow. Will I have any swap problems?

2. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

You'll need vehicle-specific wiring and push plates. The plow itself and the joystick should be reuasble, but all the wiring between them will need to be replaced.

Check EBay and the forsale section here...I bet its pretty pricey at a dealer. The two Fisher dealers near me quoted me roughly $300 or so for the push plates and $1500 for the electronics (including joystick controller), that was not installed. I think the electronics are almost as expensive as the enither plow assembly if you buy them new. I was lucky enough to find a complete used MM1 8' HD with push plates, wiring and fishstick for my specific truck.

3. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I purchased a push plate off ebay. I will call the stealership now and see what the deal is for wires

4. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

plow dealership told me to figure $500 for harness, relays and headlight wires. The plow would come with the joystick.

5. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Sounds like you're good to go then.

Check Fisher's website for your particular application, all the mounting instructions are there. This is also a good way to make sure you have everything you need.

Incidentally, you mean an S-15 Jimmy, right? Not a full size I hope.

6. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

i would look on ebay or in the paper...i got mine from my uncle for free for my western...extra one he had layin around and the mount came with my plow....good luck...it isnt too hard just might take some time...id do it urself why pay someone 80 bucks an hour unless ur doing some work where ur makin enough to cover that and make some good cash out of it