1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow swap help

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by foxtom2000, Oct 1, 2009.

1. foxtom2000

foxtom2000 Junior Member
    from 56649

I have an older Fisher plow on an 85 F250. The pump is belt driven off the engine. Mechanical controls. I would like to det the plow up on my 94 Chevy ext cab. Do I have any options for the pump besides running off the engine? Are there different pumps I could use that do not run off the engine?

2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

You could add a Insta Act pump , Iso Module, plow lights, all the harnesses and new controller, probably run you close to $2k for new and $ 1200 used.

There was a Insta Act pump on the NH Craigslist about a week ago for $625, and there are always ISO modules and wiring here, E-Bay and Craigslist.

The other option is to purchase a brand New Haldex pump from Northern Hydraulics, which comes with controls for around $700. You will need a set of power cables and pig tails, you can use a set of Meyer types cables for under $50 from Angelo's supply.

3. malamuteman_1

malamuteman_1 Junior Member

great feed back