1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow swap 06 2500hd to 08 2500hd

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mn-bob, Jul 12, 2014.

1. mn-bob

mn-bob Senior Member

I am taking my western ultra mount straight blade, 4 port Iso green label 3 plug wiring off my 06 2500hd and installing it on my 08 2500hd looking for a headlight wiring harness or help to change pins and add relay.

Thanks to all who reply

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The only thing you need is a new headlight harness... possibly not even that if both the old and the new have the same headlight setup. Messing with changing the pins and jerry rigging you risk damaging things. Just go to the Western web site into the quick match program, go through the steps for both the old and new vehicle making sure you select 4 port module when it is offered and then compare the headlight harness part numbers. If they are not the same then just buy the parts you need for the new truck and you will be sure it is reliable.

I could understand if you were and electrical wizard and were able to do it yourself it might be worth your trouble but if you need help doing it it's a waste of time. Think about it.... a new headlight harness will cost between $100 and $200. How many hours work are you willing to do to save a couple hundred? And there is the risk that it doesn't work at all or does damage to your controller or isolation module. Every harness on that plow is worth $100 or more, bent and break one pin and your efforts are all for nothing.
  3. mn-bob

mn-bob Senior Member

You are correct I bought a complete new set up and upgraded to a 3 port iso Thanks .:salute: