1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow suggestions???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by dreamer, Dec 16, 2008.

1. dreamer

dreamer Member

I am thinking of starting a lawn care business this summer, and will need something to do in the winter. I have plowed before and would like to do it again. I have plowed with: a 1/2 ton Chevy regular cab short bed, a 1-ton Ford 4-speed dually dump truck, and a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. The Wrangler was by far the most maneuverable, and the dump would push the most. If you were to buy something to plow mainly residential drives what would you choose???

2. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

I'd say get a 1 ton pick up with auto tranny it will handle any size driveway for the most part and it will tow your trailer in the summer no matter how much you have on it.

3. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

My truck is a pain in the a$$ to do some of my driveways with. I am thinking about building a jeep for my res. But you will need a truck anyway.

4. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

I know they make a 1ton RCLB truck, but what about a RCSB one?

5. dreamer

dreamer Member

I don't believe they make a reg cab short bed 3/4 ton. For all residential would reg cab short bed 1/2 ton work and last?

6. TurfKing360

TurfKing360 Member

When I had a landscape company I ran 3/4 and 1 ton RCLB's with 8' plows and I threw a dump insert in and had a spreader attachment from truckcraft. They were great we used them on residential, commercial and municipal jobs handled everything in a small strong powerful package.